Watermelon eating contest
Watermelon Eating Contest
Saturday, August 19th Only- 1pm
The Watermelon eating contest will have 3 heats divided by age.
Heat 1- Ages 6-11 years old
Heat 2- Ages 12-17 years old
Heat 3- Ages 18+
Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
1. Entry is FREE
2. Limited to the first 10 registrants per heat.
1. Each contestant will begin with half of a watermelon to eat, which has been pre weighed.
2. Each heat will last 30 seconds.
3. Hands free eating is required! Contestants must place their hands behind their
backs while eating the watermelon.
4. All of the watermelon on a contestant’s plate must be consumed to the rind and not
regurgitated or spit up (this will result in disqualification from the contest) prior to
the completion of the contest.
5. Seeds must be spit into bowls provided. Seeds spit on the ground will result in
6. Contestants must not eat any watermelon until the starting signal is given.
7. Once the starting signal is given contestants may begin eating.
8. At the end of 30 seconds a signal will be given and all contestants must immediately stop eating.
9. Each section of watermelon will be weighed again and the new weight will be deducted from the original weight, providing total weight consumed.
10. The winner will be the person who consumes the most weight of watermelon in the 30 seconds. In the event of a tie, the contestants will participate in a tie
breaker. The tie breaker will follow the same rules as the original contest, but with only 15 seconds.
Eating competitions are inherently dangerous activities, and all participants
expressly and voluntarily assume the risk of any and all injury and damage that may
result from the participation in eating competitions. Participants understand that
such risks include, but are not limited to possible bodily injury, partial or total
disability, paralysis, death or other injuries or damages. Selection of participation in
the event and the risks of loss, damage or injury shall at all times remain with and be
borne by each participant. Participants will be required to execute a Waiver of
Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement before