Atlantic Waterfowl Calling Contest
1. There will be 2 divisions for this event. The junior division is set for ages 16 and under. The senior division is for ages 17 and older.
2. The contest will consist of the following categories and will commence in the following order: Junior Meat Duck, Junior Goose, Senior Meat Duck, and SeniorGoose.
3. Contestants will be judged on their ability to summon a flight of ducks using each of the following four calls: long-distance call, mating call, feed call and comeback call. It is a meat style competition so no ringing hail calls. As for goose calling it’s the same goose calling routine
4. Registration will begin on August 19th starting when the festival gates open and go to 1:00 p.m. on August 20th. There will be absolutely no registration past the dead line.
5. All registration sales are final. There will be no refunds unless a family emergency occurs and the competitor is unable to compete.
6. Registration fees will be as followed: Senior Goose: $40, Senior Duck: $40, Junior Goose: $20 Junior Duck: $20
7. The contest will begin at 1:30 p.m. on August 20th.
8. Contestants will call from a blind for 90 seconds in full view of the audience but concealed from the judges. As the contestant takes position in the blind, a light will be turned on. Contestant will be asked whether he wants a “warm up” which is not to exceed 10 seconds. Contestant must make no sound except for calling on stage. When contestant starts calling the light goes off. After 80 seconds the light comes back on indicating that there are only 10 seconds left to complete his/her call. After 90 seconds the light goes off. Calling after the light goes off will be grounds for elimination.
9. Callers may use any legal pneumatic, voice or mechanical calls. Electronic calls are illegal.
10. For any reason, the judges may ask the contestants to repeat calls.
11. Contestants will be known by number only. Numbers will be selected at random for each contestant prior to the competition starting.
12. -Scoring will be on a point system. First round points will total 70-80 points, second round will total 80-90 points and the final third round will total 90-100 points. The contestant with the highest total accumulated score shall be declared the winner with the next highest second and so forth. Decisions of the judges in all matters is final.
13. If there happens to be a tie, a call-off will be held in order to determine individual place standings.
14. Any conduct unbecoming a sportsman shall result in disqualification and the registration fee WILL NOT be refunded.
15. Be respectful of the callers on stage.